PECB ISO14001 Environmental Lead Auditor course
What is the PECB ISO 14001 lead auditor course?
ISO 14001 shows the commitment of the organisation to the management of the environmental aspects and impacts of the business demonstrating its ability to manage the aspects and impacts associated with the activities and provide assurance to all concerned, including customers, and demonstrating that the management of legal compliance is effective.
The course is highly participative and will enable students to build on existing skills. Emphasis is placed on practical application of assessment knowledge and skills. Realistic case studies allow students to apply skills and knowledge to all stages of the assessment process. This course has been designed with input and feedback internationally from a number of trainers, customers and training consultants.
The PECB ISO 14001 lead auditor course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe the purpose of an Environmental Management System and explain its principles.
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO 14001 and ISO 19011.
- Plan and conduct an unbiased OH&S Management System audits in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 14001 in the context of an audit.
- Report the audit, including writing valid, factual and value-adding non-conformity report.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of auditors and team leaders (team leaders shall lead the audit).
- Undertake audit follow -up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective action taken by process owners
On successful completion of all in-class and the required workplace based formal assessments, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment from Compass Assurance Training Pty Ltd (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
- BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality audit
- BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
- BSBAUD504 Report on a quality audit
- BSBAUD402 Participate in a Quality Audit
- BSBMGT608 – Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBMGT507 – Manage environmental performance
(Students will have 90 days post course for completion – an administration fee may be applied to any units completed after that period).
Study Outcomes & Cost
Lead Auditor Course: $2575 (ex-GST)
As a PECB Partner Compass can offer PECB ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certification. Participants will have the option to sit the PECB Lead Auditor exam on the 5th day after the course. This will include your first 12 months registration with PECB at no additional cost.
Classroom: Compass Assurance Training regularly hold classroom training courses across the country. See our training calendar for the next classroom training dates near you.
On-Premises: Have four or more people at your workplace that need to take a course? We can come to your premises and deliver the training course in-house. Contact Us for a customised training package.
Who can take these courses?
Entry Requirements? There aren’t any. You are not required to have any prior knowledge of auditing or management system implementation in order to take the Lead Auditor course.
This course is particularly relevant for participants seeking to;
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead management system certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the audit process
- Individuals responsible for the quality, safety or environmental systems in an organization
- Expert advisors for each relevant standard
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for external auditing functions.
What is a PECB course?
PECB offers personal certification recognising the technical competence of those that undertake its courses and complete the required assessment. All PECB certifications are globally recognised and offer credibility to an individual’s skills.
These courses are ideal for participants seeking to build a career in the auditing and compliance fields.
A PECB Certified Risk Manager Certificate is issued provided the PECB examination is successfully completed (allow up to 8 weeks for issue and receipt) and a Statement of Attainment is issued for all applicable units of competency on successful completion of any required post-course practical component.
The PECB examination is an optional component of the training course. If a participant does not wish to be certified by PECB but still wishes to benefit from the course content this is arranged upon individual enrollment.