What is BRC Agents & Brokers Certification
What is an Agent & Broker Within the Food Industry
- Agents – An agent in the context of the food industry acts as an intermediary representing either the buyer or the seller in transactions. They negotiate contracts, facilitate deals, and provide services without taking ownership of the goods being traded.
- Brokers – A broker in the food industry acts as a middleman who brings together buyers and sellers, earning a commission for facilitating transactions. Unlike agents, brokers do not take ownership of the products being traded but facilitate deals between parties.
BRC Grading System
- Grade AA – Equivalent to an A+ in the BRC certification system, Grade AA signifies an exceptional level of compliance. It indicates that the business and its facilities have demonstrated outstanding compliance to the standard, showcasing exemplary practices and procedures. This grade typically involves no more than 5 minor issues.
- Grade A – Representing a high level of compliance, Grade A indicates that the business and its facilities have met the majority of requirements. While not flawless, the auditor identified only a few non-conformities. This grade is highly respectable, typically involving between 5 and 10 minor issues.
- Grade B – Grade B indicates that the business and its sites have met the basic requirements for BRC standards. However, the auditor identified areas for improvement. This grade may involve 11 to 16 minor issues or one major issue with up to 10 minor issues.
- Grade C – Businesses receiving a Grade C require attention, as the auditor identified several areas for improvement. This grade may involve 17 to 24 minor issues, or one major issue with up to 16 minor issues, or two major issues with up to 10 minor issues.
- Grade D – Businesses receiving a Grade D require major attention, as significant issues were identified by the auditor. This grade may involve 25 to 30 minor issues, or one major issue with up to 24 minor issues, or two major issues with up to 16 minor issues.
- Uncertified – We think you can work this one out.
Request a Quick Quote
Get Your ISO Checklist
Our training course are designed to provide a basic and contextualised introduction to ISO certification as well as provide a practical overview of how it applies to your business.
Speak to one of our helpful team about your certification needs.
What is BRC Certification?
BRC was founded to streamline food safety standards and minimize redundant audits. Recognised as the inaugural food safety standard by the Global Food Safety Initiative in 2000, BRC’s comprehensive framework ensures product integrity, legality, and quality, fostering trust and transparency in the food sector through robust protocols and certifications covering areas such as management commitment, HACCP implementation, and process control
Why Do I Need BRC Certification?
Obtaining certification, particularly BRC certification, is vital for demonstrating quality commitment and meeting market demands, especially in key regions like the EU & UK. Beyond compliance, BRC certification offers concrete benefits such as resilience enhancement, legal compliance, and waste reduction opportunities, all of which contribute to bolstering consumer trust, profitability, and corporate reputation.
What Are The Benefits of Achieving BRC Agents and Brokers Certification?
How Can I Get BRC Certified?
Getting a BRC certification is a lot easier than you might think, We take you through the easy audit process from your initial enquiry to the final certification decision.
BRC Certification Throughout Australia
Compass Assurance Services have offices and certification staff located throughout Australia including Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Adelaide.
Have you looked at our self assessment checklist yet?
We worked hard so you don’t have to. Our checklists break down the standard in plain English so you can understand the requirements and what your business needs to do to get certified.
Come along to one of our Workshops
Want to speak to someone?
Contact us and speak to one of our helpful team about your ISO certification needs. We can offer certification to smaller, niche standards and to other non-accredited (non ISO) standards as well.
Request a Quote
Request an obligation free quote today, tailored specifically to your business’ certification needs and industry.